PG&H in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for one sales associate to join our team. PG&H is a home goods store carrying furnishings and decor all made by local Pittsburgh artists.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them and offering them assistance.
- Build relationships with repeat customers and provide excellent customer service
- Advises customers by providing information on products, stories of artists and their processes.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, and store or other credit cards.
- Use judgment to solve customer problems
- Opening and closing store daily
- Inventory management and processing product deliveries
- General store cleaning, restocking and straightening
- Merchandising and creating product displays
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal skills
- Able to problem solve as issues arise
- Ability to connect with customers and build relationships
- Positive connection to Pittsburgh
- Values shopping local, handmade, artisan products and small businesses
- Holds oneself to high standards in the work they perform and the relationships they maintain
- Part time position 10 - 30 hours per week
- Wage rate of $10/hour
- Must have availability on both weekdays and weekends to work full shifts from the hours of 10:00am - 7:00pm
- From time to time, must be available for special events outside of regular business hours
- Primary work location will be at 536 Smithfield Street
- Responsible for your own transportation or parking, no onsite parking
Special consideration will be given to those who
- Are local artists and makers
- Have retail sales experience
- Have a deep knowledge of Pittsburgh artists and makers
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.